CREATED BY: LEIF CLAESSON
So, is this just another variation of an existing product with new badges and some fancy marketing? Absolutely not. Omnia.9 is based on a completely new platform which is unlike anything ever offered within the Omnia family.
LISTENING IS THE KEY
As always at Omnia, the story began by simply listening. Not just listening to the results of new technical applications, but listening to you, the end user. Listening to what you have to say about everything from features, ease of setup and management, price, reliability and support.
WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED?
We found out that many of you were frustrated at having to load up several feet of rack space with separate processing units for all of your HD services, separate encoding for all of the internet streams, RDS generators, you name it.
So, we decided to go for it. Create a unit which not only lives up to the famous Omnia legacy in terms of audio punch, power and clarity, but a unit which would consolidate all of these stray devices neatly and cleanly into one, 3-RU rack unit applying Omnia quality and reliability in areas you may not have thought viable until now.
MORE FEATURES THAN EVER IN A SINGLE UNIT
For possibly the first time, there will be no need to compromise a service or a set of services to inferior audio processing and management due to space and/or budget limitations. So, let’s take a look. As you can see, Omnia.9 is jam packed with feature after feature, not available until now, in a single unit:
- Simultaneous separate processing cores for FM and HD and (Optional) HD2 and HD3.
- Each processing core is separately fully adjustable and has selectable 4, 5, 6 or 7 bands
- Psychoacoustic Composite Embedder allows up to 140% audio peaks in stereo at 100% total modulation.
- Contains exclusive “Undo” technology, a source declipping algorithm and program-adaptive multiband expander which removes distortion from source material. This corrects over-processed CDs, so common in today’s contemporary music.
- Multiband downward expansion (source noise reduction)
- 3-stage wideband AGC with adjustable sidechain equalization
- Program-dependent multiband compression
- Multiband look-ahead limiting
- Adjustable dynamic bass clipping (future feature)
- Selectable phase linear high pass filter, 15, 30 or 45 Hz
- (For Digital) Two-band final look-ahead limiting
- Selectable phase linear (high latency) or low latency (talent air monitoring capable) modes
- Fully automatic program-dependent declipper and multiband expander for damaged content such as loud CDs
- Streaming encoding built in for Primary Digital (HD) and (Optional) Secondary (HD2) and Tertiary (HD3). Supports encoding to MP3 (Mpeg-1 Layer 3), MP2 (Mpeg-1 Layer 2), AAC, HE-AAC (including RTSP/3G for streaming to mobile phones), Ogg Vorbis, WMA and WMA Pro.
- 7 inch front panel touch screen
- Full remote control.
- On-screen keyboard with several layouts (QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, Dvorak and ABC sequential) for easy setup and preset name typing
- RDS encoder, dynamically updateable
- Selectable SSB (Single Sideband) stereo encoder
- HTTP push support for automation, such as dynamic RDS and streaming song titles, preset recall
- Dayparting (scheduled preset selection) (future feature)
- Studio Output with very low latency for talent monitoring
- Dual independent power supplies
- Composite pass-through (relay bypass) for your backup processor
Omnia.9 FM processor user interface demonstrated by Leif Claesson
Omnia.9 FM processor undo technology demonstrated by Leif Claesson
Omnia.9 FM processor streaming setup demonstrated by Leif Claesson
Omnia.9 FM processor stream automation demonstrated by Leif Claesson
Omnia.9 FM processor multiband demonstrated by Leif Claesson